Thursday 17 April 2014

Swedish scrapbooking - Allt om Scrap - my canvas "Happiness"

Hello again!

I have been approached several times by the Swedish online authority on Scrapbooking - "Allt om Scrap" - regarding a GDT spot with them. The editor Marie, is DT member over at Heart & Soul, also known as The Color Rooms. Unfortunately other commitments came in between, but now everything fitted beautifully!

Allt of Scrap have a challenge in monochromatic yellow on their blog HERE that I was asked to create something for. I went for a 20 x 20 canvas mounted in a deep shadow box.

Here's the canvas with misted yellow tones 
and a bit of white.


I also added some stamping in really dark yellow that 
looks like brown, around the border.








 
 All the mulberry flowers were originally white.





And this is the finished result in its shadow box 
ready to go up on the wall or on a shelf.

***

PRODUCT LIST

 892111- Prima Shabby Chic resin frames
890773  - Prima resin treasures small bird
569990 - Prima resin feather
892081 - Prima resin clock
563868 - Prima wood icon leaves
571450 - Prima Charlotte mulberry roses white
571580 - Prima Audrey mulberry flowers in Gold rush
530846 - Prima SIIP pearl
Prima cream canvas alphas 
Prima mask

Tattered Angels mists
Gold
Crushed Shells
Lemon Merengue
Marigold
Sunflower

Ranger Colour Wash in Butterscotch

Stash
pearls and white acrylic paint 

***
 Lots of sunshine to you all - Happy Easter!

See you on Saturday, 19 April 
if you want to!

I'll be sharing the close-ups of my take on
the SATW April moodboard then.

  Toodelipip! xoxo Eila

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Yellow isn't really a colour I would have chosen but this shadow box canvas is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow wow !!! this is utterly magnificent, love love love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the yellow tones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yellow always seems such a happy, sunshiny colour and you have worked your magic with this palette. The close ups reveal your attention to detail and the variation in tones and contrast.. Magnificent. Happy Easter :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation, have a fab Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came over from your post on FB to tell you this is absolutely stunning!! STUNNING!! I love the composition, the deep layers of colour and texture, the sentiment in the bottom corner. This is a work of art! I'm so glad you shared it on FB. I'm going to add you to my blog list and see if I can find you on Piterest so I can pin this for a future project. Cheers!!
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers, this turned out so so so so amazing! Your use of colours is truly unique and I just love your mix of flowers and resin pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Eila! Gorgeous piece!! Happy Easter to you!!! Enjoy your Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW this is just gorgeous! Love love love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. magnifique Eila, j'adore ces couleurs et la mise en page
    corine xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your new DT position with Allt om Scrap! Thanks for your recent visit to my blog, and have a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete