Saturday 15 June 2013

PaperHaus Magazine Featured Friend 31 May 2013 + Frank Garcia, Gerry van Gent, Donna Downey and Finnabair are coming to town!

Hello hello!

So very happy to see ye beautiful beautiful peeps who pop by and leave such fantastic comment - THANK YOU!!

It is now a fortnight ago that PaperHaus Magazine had me as their Featured Friend. So much has happened since that I haven't been able to share the page that I made specifically for that occasion. HERE IS THE LINK TO THE BLOG POST

This is the page I made; "My Darling";



All papers used are from KaiserCraft.


The pièce de résistance is the Blue Fern Studios gorgeous Sweetheart Dressform. Ever since I got it from Leslie, I've been dreaming of dressing it in bling and tulle. When I accidentally found a hair piece in a "dollar store", I knew I had found what I was looking for. 

Even more so when I opened up the gift from my sweet friend Lindy Gillespie in Australia, and found the tulle trim among many other yummilicious things that she had sent me. Thanks a bunch darling!


The couple in the photo is my MIL and FIL on their engagement day back in 1952.

Just look at the tulle!! Pardon me for saying it, but this arrangement of Lindy's tulle and Melissa Frances' floppy pink blossom trim and those pearls make me wish for a multi-layered ballgown to twirl around in.


Subtle masking.

The Sweetheart Dressform was first chalked in brown, then misted heavily in gold before it was randomly touched up in gold acrylic paint. All embellies were also touched up in the gold acrylic paint.

For those of you who live in the Northern hemisphere, perhaps in one of the Scandinavian countries, here's some yummo news for you;

Frank Garcia, owner of the PaperHaus Magazine and fabulous Prima Educator, is coming to Stockholm for the Stockholm Scrap & Mixed Media Class on 18-20 October 2013.

Skärmavbild 2013-03-21 kl. 15.46.14

Also the fabulous, one and only, Gerry van Gent is having workshops.

Skärmavbild 2013-02-20 kl. 09.29.18
Not forgetting Donna Downey and Finnabair who will also have workshops!

 Skärmavbild 2013-02-20 kl. 09.28.52Skärmavbild 2013-02-20 kl. 09.28.59

Read more about it HERE

It is going to be 3 days chock-a-block with massive inspiration, and I have signed up for ALL of them - YEEEHAAA!! Are you coming too?

In my next blogpost that I haven't scheduled yet, I will share my Prima May BAP or PPP.

Now some mundande chores! enjoy your weekend my lovelies!!

Toodelipip! xoxo Eila






14 comments:

  1. How lucky you are, so many talents will visit your city. I wish I could be there too.
    and the LO you have made reminds me the 50-s, awesome photo and your shabby design looks fabulous there.
    Enjoy your week end

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you did an amazing job on this gorgeous, feminine lay-out! I adore all the romantic touches and layers. Fab work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so heavenly, magical, glorious and breathtaking and more .. love it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome adventure and experience you will have during those three glorious days! Looking forward to seeing you they inspire you in your art. Stunning l/o! Love all the beautiful and exquisite details you have added.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I already told you how much I love this lo. You might just have to replicate it in August hint hint lol.
    I'm so excited for you for October. You're going to love it. I'm taking Finn's class in July and I've seen DD and you learn lots from her.

    Hugs my friend
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am so jealous... I would love to do classes with them all... How wonderful :D
    Your layout is just magical and that tulle makes me want to dance all night... just perfection Eila xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful Eila....!!You are so lucky.... all these talented people are visiting your country!!! Im sure you are excited! Awesome... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my what a post! Chockablock full of gorgeousness & happy news!! First of all your layout is just nothing short of absolutely fabulous (abfab dahling!) and those workshops sound like they will be thebomb.com!! I would most definitely sign up for every one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hej Eila, thank you for commenting
    my layout for the SATW challenge, and also for informing about the Stockholm event next year - I'll put the dates down for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I just realized now that the Stockholm Scrap is already in October. But maybe I might still have a chance to come!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning, stunning page Eila...the details on this page are just fabulous! You really did such a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This goes into my all-time FAVES! Fancy meeting Frank, Gerry, Finnabair and Donna three days in a row...How awesome is that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love this layout Eila!!! how you dress the lady was magical love it to bits but then my fav colours atm is peach..xoxo

    ReplyDelete