Tuesday 15 January 2013

CSI case file # 54 - "Primula"

Each morning I take a bus across a bridge that goes over a canal. Each morning I see the Stockholm sky line getting lighter and lighter as the weeks pass. I like to think that the sky over Stockholm has its special blue colour because it mirrors the water that is omnipresent in our city. Well, at the moment all I see is snow. Down south about 100 cars and lorries were involved in a mega accident on the motorway today because of the snow storm. Stockholmians have kept indoor today, me included.

When I created the page I am sharing with you today, I was dreaming of spring and gravel under my shoes. Here is first some inspiration for CSI case file # 54.

 
We are super-duper excited to tell you about Week 2's special surprise because this surprise is going to last all year long! Emma Stafrace is joining the CSI team as our Composite Sketch Artist! Em's sketches at her site Page Drafts have already inspired so many of our team and members, and now Em will be creating a Page Draft exclusively for CSI each second week of the month! We know you will love her sketches and that you will find them a fun addition to the Case File.

Our January Special Agent is Piradee Talvanna! I have long admired Piradee's style and talent, and just a peek at her extensive resumé shows that the rest of the scrapbooking world feels the same way.  She currently designs for Crate Paper, Maya Road, Webster's Pages, and Creating Keepsakes magazine and has also designed for Pink Paislee, Fancy Pants, American Crafts, Lily Bee, and Collage Press, to name a few. We are so fortunate that Piradee took time out of her incredibly busy schedule to join us this month!

 

Here is my take on the case file; 
54_Primula 800px main
The backing paper is actually from the packaging of a Blue Fern Studios frame. I cut out some more diamonds from a smaller packaging and pop-dotted them.

 54_Primula - 2
This chippie piece is the bottom part of the Blue Fern Studios Royal Frame (074592) that I have cut off and turned over. It looks like this in its original form.

Click HERE to come to the shop over at C'est Magnifique where you can find it.

I misted it in Tattered Angels Graphite, Black Magic and Gold before I covered it in Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze in Chandelier for additional shimmer. 



54_Primula - 3

The other papers are a mix of Danish Riddersholm Design, Swedish Pion Design and Prima.

Under the big Glitz floral pebble, is another piece of Blue Fern Studios chipboard, one of the Ornate Medallions (074462) that I cut in half and misted in the same colours that the Royal Frame.

54_Primula - 4
Evidence used are: swirls, music pattern, and string (well twine in this case).

When I was thinking about the journalling and my pretty English teacups, I came to think of a photo I had seen online quite a while ago. It was such a sweet one full of spring feeling and gorgeous colours. It doesn't have anything to do with tea, hot or drink except for the pretty tea cup. My thoughts started meandering away thinking about spring bulbs and primulas. Just love primulas and plant loads of them side by side. That's when I lost my journalling and I just wanted to scrap the photo.

So sorry folks, my journalling sucks this time.

 54_Primula - 5 

A short post with few photos today. Super thanks for popping in for a visit and thank you tremendously for all the wonderful comments on my previous post!

I will be back on Saturday. Have a wonderful week!

Cheerio! xoxo Eila

15 comments:

  1. Härlig tolkning av skissen. Underbara detaljer som alltid. Läckert foto.

    Kramiz Maja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lay-out is so gorgeous and it really makes me long for summer too. We have had so much snow today - making it to University with the public transport was a mission impossible this morning. I really hope spring will arrive soon for both of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here we are having a heat wave and your talking about how much snow there lol!!!! Such a gorgeous layout E! Love the chippie and the treatment, not to mention the lovely photo...have a great week dear friend
    Lindy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. Really love how you used the packaging on the background. As always, beautiful layers and details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is this page design! Love the diamonds and the little details. You outdid yourself with this, Eila!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning with a capital S. I was right when I guesses about the bf packaging. This is so gorgeous. Thank u for all ur love today

    ReplyDelete
  7. For en nydelig side, fargene er bare så lekker sammen , å detaljene i den lille rammen så utrolig kule , den fargede fulen bare så ekker , takk for at du delmer klem Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you had me at "Each morning I take a bus across a bridge that goes over a canal." Have you ever thought of writing a book? Your posts are always so well written and intriguing. Maybe it is that we live in different parts of the world and yours sounds like a fantasy to me...eg. snow. We have to drive to mountains to see snow and as a matter of fact, I have never been to the snow. A bit sad really....one day.
    Gorgeous work again. Love love the diamonds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning!!!
    LIke Jasmine, I too was drawn in by the journey over the canal!! One day I WILL visit Stockholm!!
    I love the primula in the cup, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. C'est tellement BEAU !
    bises de France
    corinne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing layout Eila! So sorry to hear about all that snow and the accident!! Your mojo is clearly not affected though as this one is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how gorgeous...I am missing playing over at CSI but I have so much to do businesswise before hubby is away for three months again. You always rock those CSI cases and your pages are the ones I always most look forward to seeing!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this page Eila...the colouring and the wonderful accents! The crocheted flower is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really like this page. It generates all kinds of ideas. Thanks for sharing. Love to win

    ReplyDelete