Friday 11 January 2013

Blue Fern Studios - my first page

Hello weekend, so glad you're here!

Many of you already know that London is my favest city in the world and that I go there at least once a year. Well, now it's all booked and ready - going on 11 March! First some days all to myself, last year I spent them visiting exhibitions and museums. Victoria & Albert is a must that's for sure! Then I'll be joined by a group of Swedish PAs.

Not only that, I also have my trip in October booked and ready. Going to the AGM of European Management Assistants of which I am a member. Really looking forward to meeting all my pals from Europe again.

Now to scrappy business.

Very excited and thrilled today - my first blog post over at Blue Fern Studios has gone live. CLICK HERE to see it. 3 of the other ladies of the DT have been introduced before me - Jennifer Snyder, Patter Cross and Erin Blegen.

This is what I created - "Paris";

BFS JAN2013 Paris 800px main
So in love with the Blue Fern Frame, all scrolls and delish swirls. Just like the ironworks of many a Parisian building.

This is what it looks like raw

Blue Fern Frame
Model: 074325

At the moment the chippies can only be bought from C'est Magnifique kit club's store,


BFS JAN2013 Paris - 2
I primed the frame with gessoe to start with and then started a bonanza of misting. I used Tattered Angels mists in Wheatfields, Apple, Suede and Gold before I randomly touched up the whole frame in acrylic gold paint with my finger.

 BFS JAN2013 Paris-3


 BFS JAN2013 Paris - 4
Fab photo by Allan Grant, 1950. Very chic lady oh là là! Check out those guys on the platform, want to shout something less polite at them for not helping her out with her luggage.

 BFS JAN2013  - 5
For the background I used soap wrappers, they have the most delighful and romantic rose and bumble bee pattern in pink, gold and cream. I didn't remove the stickers holding the paper in place, they make nice subtle labels under the gessoe.

 BFS JAN2013 Paris - 6

 BFS JAN2013 Paris - 7 
Et voilà, my first project for Blue Fern Studios! 

I have seen the amazing projects the other in the DT have created, they will be revealed on the Blue Fern blog every second day. My posting date will always be the 11th each month, US EST time. 

Before I sign off, I'll share a sneak of the Color..Stories..Inspiration.. case file # 54 that will go live later today US EST time, midnight European time.


We're celebrating CSI's 1st birthday anniversary and have something special up our sleeve every week in January. Stay tuned! 



I will be back on Tuesday to share my take on the case file with you.

Have a most wonderful weekend even if you're not getting sand between your toes as Helen Tilbury does in Bali at the moment, or Helena Virpi on the Australian Gold Coast! 

Cheers! xoxo Eila

20 comments:

  1. Underbart vacker =) Å jag är sååå sugen på att shoppa på mig lite Blue Fern chippisar....

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...that frame is gorgeous & I love the techniques you've used, Eila. Beautiful layout, as always :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow Eila, those chippies look amazing so beautiful, your layout so amazing too. :) have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. another stunning beauty! love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eila,your talent is just flying higher and higher! This one is so chic, a real story told on paper. Breathtaking beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing lay-out! You have done such wonderful work with that lovely chipboard frame. And I agree, those men aren't real gentlemen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello lovely lady...it's been a while!! WOW you have been busy in my blogging absence :0) Love your use of soap labels and what a fabulous bp they make! Another stunning page Eila....a real wintery, chic treat :) I am hoping to be in hospital on the 11th March watching my DGS come into the world.....fingers crossed!! We spent New Year in London and whilst it may not be my fave it's certainly special!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your travel plans sound wonderful. Very jealous.
    Love love that frame. The colors are just beautiful. Gorgeous work again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another stunning layout Eila and I was thinking those men should be helping her and you said it!!
    I'm in love with this new chipboard and will have to order some when I return from my holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your first layout with Blue Fern!! Gorgeous! I love that frame myself!! I look forward to seeing what other beautiful creations are coming up!

    Happy Crafting
    Tracie
    http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you have created here with the chippie frame. Using soap wrappers with gesso is a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so talented I absolutely adore this. I'm picturing those banners for both of us. This is such a LO. Sending u a big hug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Eila! Your layout is STUNNING! I love all the layers, texture and beautiful embellishments! The gorgeous frame looks fabulous with the variety of colors you have added! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eila, what a fantastic photo you have found to scrap. absolutely perfect work on the background and now I can see how lucky you are to work with these chippies. Love your way of coloring it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Såvakker side , elsker virkelig dn rammen en må ha ting , nydelige farger å et fantastisk herlig bilde , takk for inspirasjoen klem Marion

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi..This is stunning... LOVE that frame - so intricate for a chippie.. so many details.. beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous work! You're such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so amazing - huge congrats my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous...you really are the queen of details, aren't you? Always so many lovelies to see on your page..and I just love how you've used the frame!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha I didn't miss that mention of me there! The Bali sand is still in my brain!! Live will never be the same again after that adventure! Lots to say about the life-changing effect of it on my blog one day when I get around to it! Meanwhile congrats on snagging a chipboard gig and getting to design such stunning pages with it - just love this one! And woooooo to your holiday plans! I have to go backkkkkkk!!!

    ReplyDelete