Wednesday 22 August 2012

TCR 124 and something just for fun

Rushing this blog post before it's Friday in Australia and a new palette release over at The Color Room.

This is the current one in collaboration with Prima who are our August sponsors.

I had plans for my page but everything turned out completely different. I suddenly ran out of time and had to rush everything, which is never a good thing to do. Here it is, my "Green Little Apples" with DH and MIL.

#124_Little Green Apples 3000px main
The papers are Prima Tea Thyme and G45 Ladies Diary.

 #124_Little Green Apples - 2

 #124_Little Green Apples - 3
The new Prima embellies are just heavenly! I've stocked up plenty.

 #124_Little Green Apples - 4
Gold micro beads, love the stuff.

 #124_Little Green Apples - 5
Prima resin bird, wood clock face, metal cog, metal clock face and hands, metal trinket and blooms.
D-E-L-I-S-H!

 #124_Little Green apples - 6

 #124_Little Green Apples - 7
While on summer hols, I had time to create something just for myself. Love the G45 Ladies Diary and played a little bit more with the papers. This is not a take on any sketch or any challenge, just something I made.

 Ring Ring 3000 px main
The photo is not my own, it's by the Finnish photographer whom I've mentioned before. I have her permission to use photos off her website as long as I point out they are not mine.
 
 Ring Ring - 2
When I was a little girl, we spent all summers in Finland with my maternal grandfather and paternal grandmother + a great many cousins, aunties and uncles. In the tiny village close to the Russian border where my grandfather lived, there was only one single phone and it hung on the wall in one of the houses down the hill and just before the dwindling dirtroad made a sharp curve.

It was mighty exciting to walk there with my grand father. There was always lots of people waiting for their calls to come through and while waiting, they were drinking coffee and gossiping. The men rolled their own cigarettes and they all had tobacco flakes in the corner of their mouth. I always got an orange soda and sat there quiet as a mouse in a corner, eyes big as saucers and ears like antennae listening to everything that was said.

 Ring Ring - 3

 Ring Ring - 4

 Ring Ring - 5

 Ring Ring - 6

And to finish this post, I'll give you a sneak of the next case file over at CSI. It will be released on Friday afternoon US Eastern time/midnight European time/Saturday morning in Australia.

Cheerio everybody! only 2 days to go before the weekend is here! YAY!

xoxox Eila

17 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your both lay-outs! They are so beautifully layered and full of details. I actually like the apple page too. I really can't see that you had to rush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Åhhh...så varkre de er, begge to!!
    Nyyydelig bilde av din man og svigermor ♥ og alt passer så utrolig godt!
    Ring ring - herlig historie, fikk meg til å leve meg inn i historien din. Og den vakre detaljen med klokken og swirlen/chippien!
    Klem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great details - once again! You have such an eye for embellishments and clusters! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work again your so busy with scrapping...lol!
    Yes almost weekend jippie!
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Två underbara layouter. Gillar den med telfonen massor... att scrappa annat än människor och få till det som du gör beundrar jag. Du är så inspirerande =)

    Kramiz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I've been away and haven't left messages here! I'm in awe of these 2 creations wow!! there's so many details to look at wow!! thank you so much for always featuring my prima features!! that's so sweet of you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the beads on the 124 LGA and all the prima goodies gorgeous page sweets...You amaze me with all the lovely stories you tell-love the stained TP anothe beautiful layout..
    congrats on the ppp feature.
    have a great week dear
    Lindy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving some love, alot of love actually! It means the world to me :) I love these pages as i love all your pages you create. You have such a whimsical way and i love reading about your stories. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love those micro beads!!! These are so gorgeous! I can't tell the first was a rush job though. Looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first one dosn't look anything near to be a rushed LO at all. Great work of art both of them with a story to tell.
    Love all your floral papers and embelishments and those little clocks are such an eye catcher
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow.. if you rushed the first one I cannot tell it is really beautiful with lots of fabulous details.. and the second one is stunning.. love all the back ground textures.. and I love your stories too.. I enjoyed this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I can honestly say that I can not see any evidence of a rush job!! Stunning details, beautifully assembled, clever girl :0) The story of the phone is a delight as is 'your' layout. Gorgeous work Eila x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your flower cluster! Its so beautiful! and the photo is great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW WOW WOW...I absolutely ADORE both your LAYOUTS!!! They are so beautifully layered and full of details...love the colors too...You are simply amazing!!! Great inspirational for me... thanks...for dropping by my blog too and leave sweet comments... hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the prima goodies...they look fabulous on your Apples LO. Ring-Ring is SUPER-DUPER AWESOME! Made me soooo nostalgic :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you really are rolling. You get alot done despite long hours & a full time job! Delightful cluster of embellies on your Green Apples layout - very jealous as my trinkets and blooms are still on their way to me - I agree those Prima embellishments could NOT be resisted - I bought A LOT!! And I know I will use them ALL!! I loved the tale that accompanied the second layout & it is indeed a very gorgeous work of art too. Your 3D clock embellie is simply stunning & I am wanting to grab the gold now too - must be you rubbing off on me - great job! Have a lovely week. In answer to your question Shane was down in the South of England visiting his father then got a plane to Gatwick to fly home but it circled for an hour because the landing strip was very busy, thus causing him to miss his connecting flight, which was still there but boarding had closed. Anyway, such is life, he at least had a nice night in a hotel and a good rest which he needed after his fast-paced travels.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have to say, this is just draw-dropping work ... I especially love the way you add those clocks, both drop dead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete