Thursday 19 April 2012

1APRIL UOAS "Wherever You Go"

Friday is the best day of the week don't you think! A working week has come to its end and one has the whole weekend to look forward to.

Monday 23rd is my birthday and DH the sweet darling asked me already a couple of weeks ago if I wanted to have "one of those machines you've been talking about". I've been refusing to buy one for several years, stubbornly sticking to my crafter's knife and scissors, but lately I've warmed up to the idea. I am now the owner of a Big Shot but have no dies - yet. Don't know what I need and have to check out what's out there first.

I've been fiddling with my page for the 1 April OUAS challenge for some days before finishing it yesterday evening. First the pretty sketch and prompt.


The theme of the challenge is HOME.
The prompt is to create a layout and freely interpret the theme "HOME" based on the sketch. One can journal as little or as much as one likes, but the layout must incorporate this theme and this sketch.

So here's my take on the theme and the sketch; "Wherever You Go". I've kept pretty much to the sketch, not flipping anything.

1APR2012 Wherever You Go 4000px-main

I get so frustrated when all the texture and mediums used on this page don't photograph at all. There is misting/masking, gesso, molding paste, stamping, chalking, inking in several colours on this page, but still hardly any of it comes across. Grrr!

1APR2012 Wherever You Go - 2

I printed on canvas using an old typewriter font and then mounted it on a piece of Prima packaging. The amazing velvet pink cabbage rose has travelled all the way from Brisbane, Australia in company with some stunning lace and other gorgeous flowers almost too beautiful to use. Thank you infinitely darling Lindy!!

1APR2012 Wherever You Go - 3

A glimpse of the soft chicken wire mask/misting.

1APR2012 Wherever You Go - 4

I've used this photo of DH taken last summer before, but as it's one of my faves of him, you'll no doubt be seeing it again :)

1APR2012 Wherever You Go - 5

Stamping in brown + black + a couple of pink hues, gesso, misting in sand + suede + a couple of pink hues and splatter in white acrylic paint.

1APR2012 Wherever You Go - 6

Soooo annoying that the layers of misted and gessoed lace don't show properly. It's very pretty IRL. Lindy - I just enhanced the dye with similar colours. Mwah mwah!

1APR2012 Wherever You Go - 7

Home Sweet Home from Marianne Design, TH key and number plate, Prima blooms.

1APR2012 Wherever You Go - 8

This is the journalling and that's all I've written this time:

Home is to be loved,
to feel safe
and to belong.
Home is where you are.
Where you go, I go too.

1APR2012 Wherever You Go - 9

More of the misting, stamping and gooooorgeous lace. I inked up the edges in TH distress ink in Broken China and Black Soot. The stamping is made in TH Vintage Photo + Victorian Velvet.

1APR2012 Wherever You Go - 10

I mounted the photo on cardboard before placing it on top of the matting of hessian and muslin. Together with the gessoed lace, everything on this page makes it rather chunky and heavy IRL.

And so we've come to the end of this post. To all of you lovely peeps out there, I wish a wonderful wonderful weekend when it comes! Thanks so much for popping by!

Cheers! xoxoxo Eila

20 comments:

  1. Fantastic details Eila, great page you have created for the challenge, love all of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful detailed work!!! I LOVE it!!!Thanks for sharing it with us at OUAS!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so yummy and full of delicate detail that I had to look at it for a long time. (I was not able to make it larger, I was prompted to login to my yahoo account)I understand how frustrating it is whan all your beautiful details don't show up as much as you want. But at least on the overall it looks absolutely precoíous. I think this one you have to show us IRL when we come to have coffe in your nook.
    Love and hugs and a wonderful weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Eila this is just beautiful! Love the gorgeous mix and how you've put this together...Fab! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW absolutely stunning page Eila.. adore all the technique and gorgeous detail!! :)) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the texture in this page is amazing. Your close ups are so perfect to drool over the details. Gorgeous work again.
    And Hip Hip Hooray for the 23rd. I hope you have a fabulous day. My Birthday is actually the 25th so very close too. Hubby is taking me to a luncheon then off the Football (Australian Rules) where my team and his team are playing. Hopefully we are still talking at the end of the game....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Eila, for the birthday greeting that you sent me via CSI. I see that you have a birthday coming up as well, so I want to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you enjoy "that machine." :)

    Your layout is lovely, with all the different textures. Great combination of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful page Eila filled with such beautiful goodies. I love what you have done to that lace, it looks gorgeous. My eye keeps darting around taking in all the yumminess. Just stunning. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eila I just LOVE this. The colours are sooo soft and beautiful and I can see all the lovely painterly effects you have used. If you want your textures so show up really clearly you need to do what you are doing with the side-view/angled shots but set your camera to A for apperture and put it down as low as possible (turn the dial to the lowest number so the apperture is open as wide as possible. 2.8 is okay but less is even better - down to 1.4 will be the lowest depending on your lens - then make sure you have it focused on the things in the front/middle that you want to show up really clearly (by moving the little focusing squares around on your LCD screen) then CLICK! That will show up what you want really crystal clear and the rest will fade out a bit. Not sure if you have a DSLR but if you do then take it off auto for the close-up shots, and onto Aperture Priority mode & I think you will be very happy with the extra clarity :) Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. O sooooooooooooooooo gorgeous and loving all the texture and layers ... so much to see and gaze at .. your hubby looks fabulous, I bet he is similar to my hubby .. we both have awesome men .. lucky us ... loving and kind .. I really adore this page Eila .. you have done a super duper job ... and thanks for your congrats on my CSI spot .. love that site ans Debbi is a doll ... just like you ...
    again I say how wonderful you are with words .. a gift !!!! so pleased we have connected and are riding together on this journey ... woohoo !!!! exciting x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply stunning! There is so much gorgeous detail. I ADORE ur journalling!! Happy Birthday (My bday was the 22nd- u must b awesome cos u r a taurus too ;-)
    Cheery Lyn dies r FAB in my opinion. Def worth checking them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful!

    Tack, det ska bli superskoj att vara med! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great birthday and a rocking year, Eila!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Eila! Your hubby sounds so sweet to consider getting you "one of those things"-a new scrap toy! Mine bought me a Cricut for Christmas and had NO IDEA even what it was! So sweet our men! Beautiful work on everything!!
    XOXO,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely sweet and such a jawdroppingly stunning page! Your beautiful elements are just perfect, and your floral work is gorgeous too! I love the coloring on this too. You've just done out outstanding job with the challenge! Thank you so much for playing along with us again at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the gesso lace & those hexagons are way cool! think they are taking a come back and about time too! i don't use that shape enough.. although i'll always be a circle girl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eila we can see all the beautiful work and details. I adore all the texture and rich elements. Just stunning work. Such beautiful journalling. Thanks for joining us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sweet and beautiful! love the journaling! I can see the paint effects. many beautiful details
    Beautiful work!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes Fridays are always sweet but Sunday's for me are just a little bit much sweeter LOL!! It's the only day of the week where I have the opportunity to sleep just a little bit past 7.00 AM LOL!! Eila, my goodness, So much love and attention to detail have gone into this beauty. ADORE the wonderful textures and layer and layers of lovely goodness **sigh** Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS

    ReplyDelete