Monday 24 October 2011

Once Upon A Sketch 15 October Challenge - "Ooops - watch out!"

Hello again!

Had a wonderful scrappy weekend and for the first time in ages, I could also play along at Once Upon A Sketch.

Here's Nadia's pretty sketch. I've turned it sideways to fit in my photo, moved the embellishment spots too, but the large central area is still there.


Journalling criteria: A most embarrassing/awkward/uncomfortable moment or characteristic/feature/habit/mannerism/quality or quirk you or someone around you possesses. Journal at least 2 SENTENCES on a moment that you will remember for all the wrong reasons.

The journalling criteria has to be combined with the sketch.

Hmmm ... as I am very controlled person, I very rarely get embarrassed about anything. Nor do I end up in awkward moments. However, there was once that I went to the ladies' room in the office and when coming out, my very sweet co-worker U immediately pulled me aside and whispered that my skirt had accidentally got caught up into the back of my pantyhoses. Voilà! there they were, my granny knickers to behold for anyone coming up behind me. Gosh, that's one of those moments but I really didn't want to scrap my knickers tee hee ...

However, clicking through my photos I found this one. Earlier this summer I wrote about how DH and I had been to a fabulous exhibition on exquisite designer dresses and costumes. Well, the museum has a garden with an outdoor café cum summer restaurant. It was a lovely lovely day so hubbs and I decided to have ourselves a shrimp salad and a cold drink.

OUAS 15OCT2011 challenge 4000px-main

Now doesn't this look idyllic? All the papers are from the latest collection by Danish Tilda.

OUAS 15OCT2011 challenge 4000px-2

Check out that life size model of an owl that sits on the roof behind DH. It's there for a reason!

OUAS 15OCT2011 challenge 4000px-3

Took myself a couple of the classes over at Miss Art's Papercrafting school during the weekend, one of them is "Fabric Frills" featuring Andrea Budjack. Gerry van Gent has a class on "Clay Creations" and there are many more illustrous ladies teaching fabulous stuff!

I really do recommend a visit to http://missartspapercrafting.com/classes

For the first time ever, I made that rolled-up fabric flower. Looks more like a lopsided dotted teal bun but hey, practice will make perfect one day!

The cute brown and white felt blooms are from Precocious Paper's Etsy shop that you can find HERE

OUAS 15OCT2011 challenge 4000px-4

Cut one of the labels in half and placed one above the pic and the other one under it. The rose is a die-cut.

OUAS 15OCT2011 challenge 4000px-5

I made the accordion bloom from one of the Tilda papers. Attached a white doily from Leean Pearce's Chip Chop Shop and on top of that, another die-cut from the Tilda collection and a fuchsia coloured pearl just like a cherry on a cake. The ribbons both under the accordion bloom, and under my fabric bloom, are from the Tilda collection.

And now to the punchline of my eeky moment:

OUAS 15OCT2011 challenge 4000PX-6

The darned birds had of course figured out a long time ago that the café was a splendid place to get a free meal, took a loop above DH and I. Just as I was about to tuck into my salad, a very unwelcome greeting ended up on my plate and that was it. Brrrr! Will make sure to sit under a parasol next time we decide to enjoy an outdoor lunch!

The chippie birds are Dusty Attic. I cut off about 1/3 of the row of birds and inked them in Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot. The "branch" is a stripped Prima Summer Carnation Vine and splattered it with white acrylic paint. Well you get the picture I'm sure ;)

I loved having you for a visit, thank you very much! Take care and have a great week!

Cheers! xoxoxo Eila

23 comments:

  1. Eila... this page is fabulous. I have this paper Tilda... adore it. your page is aperfect work !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny story, gave me a giggle. Beautiful details in your layout as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Eila that's too hilarious!! I am chuckling away right now - in fact you have reminded me of the time hubs and his friend went to the horse races and a seagull plopped on his friend's head!! Lucky he had a bald patch so the clean-up wasn't that bad LOL...and oops about the skirt - thank goodness for your co-worker LOL LOL!! Well despite the hilarity your page is ever so beautiful and that paper is just to die for and I am so jealous of your Miss Art's courses - I have to figure a way of getting my computer fixed without sending it away - and hooray my printer came back today good as new (well in fact totally new as they ordered me a new one!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh I forgot to say thank you for playing along with us at Once Upon a Sketch :) :) :):) Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweetie!! This is fabulous!! love the papers combination and these birdies...are fantastic!!
    About your skirt thanks that a lady told you, because in my case was my friend's husband who told me...OOPppss!! love your fabrics flower, Beautiful work as always!! A Big Hug!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eila
    I'm your newest follower - can't believe its taken me this long to find your beautiful blog. I really love your work - its pure eye candy :) As for the bird doo in your food - ewww a similar thing happened to us this weekend - only it was seagul poop in our fish and chips at the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love the dress in the pantyhose story. What a shame you don't have a photo....lol.
    I love this story too and what a beautiful page. Great pic of hubby and the colors are just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm... I would have lost my appetite as well. Gorgeous take on the sketch, especially like how you have made it your own. The details are fabulous right down to little splatters of bird 'cargo'. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fabulous fabulous page...Eila, gorgeous layout indeed, loving the birds chippie and the life size owl behind your DH. Handsome pic of your man, loving the textures, dimensions and your handmade blooms. Beautiful beautiful work. Thank you as ever for all your lovely comments over at my blog and I totally appreciate that. Have a fabulous week ahead and take care.

    Hugs
    Yuzz Yusof

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so said for us there is not a panty photo..lol..
    Your page is stunning love the chipbirdies..and the tilda papers are so cool ..have you seen there fabric....yummie!!
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning page Eila absolutely gorgeous .... wow how embarrassing for you, she was a great friend to tell you ...imagine if she had not told you ... OMG devastating !!!! big hugz x
    thanks for playing ... xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing layout!! I absolutely love your flowers, I can't believe that is your first attempt because they are absolutely perfect!! I think you settled on a great story [though unfortunate it happened], I had wanted to participate in this challenge but I couldn't think of anything! At least not a story I'd want to scrap... haha.

    Linda
    http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that's such a great photo / memory / story to scrap for this challenge. An awkward moment without the awkward photo hey?! No knickers seen! What a beautiful page. I just love all your handmade flowers and bits and pieces. Great details :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Eila I love both stories! Yes I can see why you scrapped the food one........
    Love, love, love this! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL, love the office story, too funny, now I know why the owl was in the pic. Gorgeous creation, love the flowers especially the one you made and that paper line, need to get some. Not enjoying week off have spent last five day working on horrible assignment for uni, family visiting from Glasgow for a few days so off to do some retail therapy, hope you have a good weekend, looks like more rain, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous!!! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha ha . You did put a smile on my face, even at the expence of your lovely lunch. Your page is wonderful Eila ! Every thing about it is fantastic, from the beautiful choice of papers, to the shabby flower you made to the paint "woopsies" under your cute birds. You have such a great sense of fun. Love this page. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is just so awesome :) love all the layers of goodies and cute story. oh...and I LOVE the crows...you see they are one of my FAV birds..I love them..everyone thinks I am crazy, but I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this reminded me of a bird dropping experience I had too. I heard that it is good lucked to get dropped on. Ha. Love your pretty details on this page.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Eila, that's an extra that you don't want with your lunch!!! LOL! This is too funny and it's perfect for the challenge, and your page is just absolutely gorgeous! I love it! Thank you for joining us again at OUAS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Eila, my sweet friend, you did such an amazing job with all the techniques! Very beautiful and so inspiring work of yours! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!
    Hugs from beautiful Holland ~gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi... oh no.. i think i would not have wanted to eat after that either... but all the same a beautiful layout with lots of gorgeous details!! a great take on the challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Who Hoo! Congratulations Eila on being featured at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete